Dubai tourist visa is applied for when an individual cannot obtain a visa-free entry or a visa on arrival. A tourist visa is when an individual wants to travel to Dubai for tourism and not any other reason for example visiting family members or attending work conferences. All individuals from around the world are eligible to apply for it except children under age 18 who want to travel without their parents.
What Is The Difference Between Tourists, Sponsors, and Work Visa?
- A tourist visa in Dubai is obtained by an individual if they want to visit Dubai for tourism. No other work-related activities can take place under this visa. The individual can only enjoy activities open for tourists.
- A sponsored Dubai visa is when an employee with a valid residence visa is working in Dubai and how to sponsor residence visas for their family to bring them also. They can sponsor their families only if they fulfill the minimum salary criteria of AED 4000 or AED 3000.
- A Dubai work visa or Dubai business visa allows foreign individuals to work in the UAE for a certain period. In this duration of time, the individual must obtain an employment and residency visa.
Multiple Entry Tourist Visa for Dubai
The UAE has introduced a multiple entry visa for the benefit of tourists as well as themselves. A multiple is a 5-year tourist visa where the tourist can enter Dubai several times over a calendar year or stay for 90 days at one stay, they can further extend to 90 days as well. This results in tourists making frequent visits to Dubai as they do not have to get into the hassle of applying for a UAE visa again and again.
How to Apply?
The process of applying for a Dubai tourist visa is not a hard one. With the details provided, you will be able to guide yourself throughout the process not feeling confused or uncomfortable.
- Filled visa application form along with an applicant-colored photograph.
- An original passport that is valid before 6 months of travel.
- Invitation letter if any company has invited.
- Applicants visa fee as well as debit or credit card.
- Female or student’s husband/parents NOC photo ID and colored copy of passport.
- Salary slips or bank details of the last 6 months.
- Return ticket from Dubai.
You can apply for a Dubai tourist visa online through a travel agency as well as through the Dubai visa processing center. You can book your flight tickets as well while applying for the visa.
Apply Through the UAE
To apply for a tourist visa through the UAE you need to get in touch with any airline that is based in the UAE. It can also be a hotel or a tour agency present in the UAE. They will apply for the Dubai tourist visa which will be on your behalf to a visa issuing authority.
Apply for a Guest
To apply for guests a DTCM application is required. You need to receive a guest letter from the relevant authorities. The document is 1 stamped formal letter on company letterhead where you detail the floors and unit ready for inspection while the second proves that you have applied for DTCM.
Guidelines for Specific Countries
UAE provides visas on arrival for the following countries where you get a 30-day visa-free of charge. The countries include Canada, China, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, Ukraine, New Zealand, Monaco, Republic of Ireland.
Countries Banned from Visa List
Dubai has banned many countries from its visa list due to covid-19 concerns. Many countries with the risk of a new variant or a high covid positivity rate are banned. These are the following countries from which passengers were banned from entering Dubai
- South Africa
- The Republic of Congo
- The Democratic Republic of Congo
All other countries are eligible for a Dubai tourist visa except these.
Dubai Tourist Visa Requirements for Covid-19
Apart from the countries banned from Dubai, these are the exempted individuals who can obtain a Dubai tourist visa. Employees of official or diplomatic missions between the UAE. Nationals of UAE or their first-degree relatives. Also, holders of UAE golden visas. They will have to present a negative covid 19 result 48 hours before their flight with a QR code to prove it from an approved facility. They must also conduct a PCR test 6 hours before their departure. UAE nationals, first-degree relatives, children under 12, and people with disability are exempted from taking this test.
All other countries commonly must present a covid negative result held before their flight, a PCR test before their departure, and a PCR test after they have arrived.
What is the Validity of a Tourist Visa?
A tourist visa can be issued for 30 days or 90 days in Dubai. However due to the recent facility, the UAE has issued multiple-entry tourist visas which allows a tourist to visit multiple times, a tourist at one time can stay up to 90 days and further extend 90 more days as well.
Cost of Dubai Tourist Visa
The Dubai tourist visa fee is as follows. You have to pay the security deposit, incidental charges as well as the service fee.
Visa Fees Without Deposit
|VISA TYPE||VISA FEES||SERVICE FEE||TOTAL||INCIDENTAL CHARGES||TOTAL|
|30 DAY TOURIST VISA||70||23.38||93.38||4.21||97.59|
|96 HOURS TRANSIT VISA||15||21.65||36.65||3.9||40.55|
|48 HOURS VISA||0||21.12||21.12||3.8||24.92|
|VISIT VISA 90 DAYS||166||26.79||192.79||4.82||197.61|
|14 DAYS SERVICE VISA||96.23||25.28||121.51||4.55||126.06|
|MULTI ENTRY SHORT VISIT||152||46.98||198.98||8.46||207.44|
|MULTI ENTRY LONG VISIT||425||56.98||481.98||10.26||492.24|
|EXPRESS TOURIST VISA||70||43.38||113.38||7.5||121.19|
|EXPRESS 96 HOUR VISA||44||41.65||56.65||7.5||64.15|
|EXPRESS 48 HOURS VISA||0||41.12||41.12||7.4||48.52|
|EXPRESS VISIT VISA 90 DAYS||166||46.8||212.8||8.42||221.22|
|14 DAYS EXPRESS SERVICE VISA||96.23||45.28||141.51||8.15||149.66|
Visa Fees With Deposit
|VISA TYPE||VISA FEES||SECURITY DEPOSIT||SERVICE FEE||TOTAL||INCIDENTAL CHARGES||TOTAL|
|30 DAY TOURIST VISA||70||272.5||33.64||376.14||55.11||431.25|
|96 HOURS TRANSIT VISA||15||272.5||32.34||319.84||54.87||374.71|
|48 HOURS VISA||0||272.5||31.94||304.44||54.8||359.24|
|VISIT VISA 90 DAYS||166||272.5||36.7||475.2||55.66||530.86|
|14 DAYS SERVICE VISA||93.23||272.5||35.28||404.01||55.4||459.41|
|MULTI ENTRY SHORT VISIT||152||272.5||57.98||482.48||59.49||541.97|
|MULTI ENTRY LONG VISIT||425||272.5||67.98||765.48||61.29||826.77|
|EXPRESS TOURIST VISA||70||272.5||53.64||396.14||58.47||454.85|
|EXPRESS 96 HOUR VISA||15||272.5||52.34||339.84||58.47||398.31|
|EXPRESS 48 HOURS VISA||0||272.5||51.94||324.44||58.4||382.84|
|EXPRESS VISIT VISA 90 DAYS||166||272.5||56.7||495.2||59.26||554.46|
|14 DAYS EXPRESS SERVICE VISA||96.23||272.5||55.28||424.01||59||483.01|
How to Renew or Extend Visa
- You can renew or extend your Dubai tourist visa or obtain a Dubai visit visa extension without needing to leave the country. You can renew your 30 days visa twice. Be very watchful of its expiry date and apply for a second renewal before the first one expires.
- The best way if you want to apply for renewal without leaving Dubai is that you can visit a DNRD office and apply with an extension fee of AED 500. If you do not apply for a Dubai tourist visa renewal expiry can lead to over AED 100 fine after 10 days of expiry thus it is highly important to get your visa renewed. However, if you fall into the following category the new rule of extension does not apply.
- Those on the special entry permit
- Those on 96 hours permit for a special purpose
- Tourists or visitors who are GCC residents.
- The residents accompanying any GCC nationals.
Benefits of Getting Dubai Tourist or Visitor Visa
Getting a Dubai tourist visa or visit visa has many benefits which make Dubai a popular place for tourists to visit and enjoy their time.
- Dubai is known as the shopping hub thus many tourists visit it for their yearly shopping.
- It has many other adventurous places for tourists to come and enjoy with their families.
- A visit visa allows visitors to enjoy other things like attending work-related conferences. They can attend big events like the Dubai expo.
- A multiple-entry tourist visa allows an individual to go in and out of Dubai multiple times over the course of 5 years without getting into the hassle of applying for a visa again and again.
1. Can a Dubai tourist visa enter Abu Dhabi?
No Dubai tourist visa cannot enter Abu Dhabi however they can apply for a visa from Dubai or get a visa on arrival.
2. Is a tourist visa and Dubai visit visa the same?
There is a difference between them both. A tourist visa can only allow you for tourism while a visit visa in Dubai permits other activities for example attending a business conference.
3. Can I convert a tourist visa into a work visa?
You can convert once you find employment and your new employer will carry out the procedure of converting your tourist visa to a work visa.
4. How many maximum days can I stay on a tourist visa?
You can stay for a maximum of 90 days.
5. Can I start a business on a tourist visa?
No, it is illegal to work with a tourist visa.
6. Can a tourist buy property in Dubai?
Yes, foreigners can buy properties in Dubai in areas known as freeholds. They can also acquire freehold ownership rights for up to 99 years.
7. How much bank funds or statements are required for a Dubai tourist visa?
It is advised that you have a minimum of 50,000 INR in your last 6 months’ bank statement. Also, you should have a minimum of 20,000 INR for your everyday travel.
8. How much passport validity is required for a Dubai visa?
The Applicant must have 6 months of validity on their passport until their date of travel.